Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Brief Statement from Lawrence....

Bill is doing most of the writing, but I wanted to say a few comments.

I still can't believe it. I can't believe we got a house, one that has so much potential. I remember thinking about what Bill wanted and what I wanted back in September. I never thought that there would be a place that would meet both our needs.

I wanted a garage to be able to work on my own projects that need space. He wanted a quiet street, I wanted a big back yard and small front yard. He wanted at least a 3 bedroom house, I wanted something close to where I work. He wanted the loan to be no more than 4% and I wanted a brick home with all exterior walls being brick. He didn't want a 2 story house, and we didn't get one.

Sure, its not perfect, it needs some TLC, but most of what is needed can be done by him or I, well...mostly me...let's not kid ourselves. Although he did surprise me by actually finishing a couple of tasks that he took up. He is good at removing wallpaper. Need your windows cleaned? He's just the man to do it. He also makes a good chauffeur, taking me to Home Depot once or twice a day as needed. I love Home Depot. They keep telling me if I enter my name on the receipt, I have a chance of winning $5000.00. We'd have to win a couple of times this year just to break even. If I won anything, surely it would be gone in a couple days.

1 comment:

  1. Lawrence...so good to hear your words, as well! How gratifying that you have landed on THE RIGHT property to meet the needs and wants of both of you. Cant wait to see the end product. Hugs to both of you!!

    ReplyDelete